Hamilton Movie Night

Josilyn Wheat, Reporter

Covid-19 took over the end of the 2019-2020 school year. Canceling all of the school end-of-the-year field trips. Many students were upset due to the cancellations, the one day of the year that they get to go somewhere other than doing classwork all day long. Especially the seniors, it was the last time they were going to be able to go on the end of the year trips. Somehow, students at Wayne City were lucky enough to get tickets to see Hamilton: An American Musical. Hamilton is one of the most popular and expensive Broadway musicals. It is one of the most popular and unique because it is retelling the story of one of America’s most famous founding fathers. However, the students did not get the opportunity to go to the Fox Theatre in St. Louis to see them perform. Senior, Hallie Musgrave said, “It was a really great opportunity and it sucked that we had to miss it. I was very upset that we could not go to the Fox Theatre to see it live.” 

Mrs. Fagan, the Wayne City High School Band teacher, decided she was going to host a Hamilton Movie Night on Tuesday, October 27. She bought all of the snacks with her own money because she felt bad that students could not go. Thought only a few people showed up, they still had a good time watching the movie together. While everyone was social distancing and wearing their mask during the movie, they all had a fun time together, enjoying the movie and snacks.