Fun with Family in the Fall

Jovi Horton, Reporter

On Sunday October 30, Wayne City Matters will hold their annual fall carnival at the Wayne City Baptist Church. It starts at 4 p.m. with fun activities, carnival games, food, and drinks. From 5-6 p.m. they will hold the costume judging. Judging into age categories so that it is fair for everyone. The categories include 0-4 years old, kindergarten-2nd grade, 3rd-5th grade, 6th-8th grade, High School, and they will also have a pets category. The winners in each category will receive a cash prize and a trophy. They will end the night with a trunk-or-treat held in the Wayne City School front parking lot, and it is from 6-7 p.m.

One of Wayne City’s School staff members Sebrina Krumwiede says, “I have three little kids and they always love getting to dress up and go to the carnival. I am so thankful that there is a fun and exciting place to take my kids for Halloween. ” There will also be a contest for who has the best decorated trunk and the winners get a cash prize. The first Wayne City Matters fall carnival Wayne City held was in 2017, and it went over so well with the community that Wayne City Matters organization decided to make it an annual event. As a new activity this year, Wayne City High School’s FFA chapter will be playing a movie on a big blow up screen for families to watch throughout the night. Wayne City High School’s FFA President senior Addison Seidel said, “I really love that our community gets together like this every year and puts on a fun family event. I also am so happy that I get to be a part of showing the movie for the families this year.”