Battle of the Classes On the Calendar Again

Ashton Hess, Reporter

Battle of The Classes for Wayne City High School students is Monday, November 7. “I’m really looking forward for Battle of the Classes because we’re gonna win every game because the other classes are all nerds, I really like our theme this year, our class sponsors have done a really good job on the shirts and the theme for the senior class, and because it’s a free day,” said senior Jonny Durham. Battle of the Classes is a free day where the students have competitions and games against each grade. Each grade will design their own shirts and make a run out with a song. The games students play vary from year to year. Some of the favorites are tug of war, hungry hungry hippo, ultimate frisbee, musical chairs, and blindfolded golf cart driving. The event is used for comradery for students to have more teamwork, to get along better, and to build chemistry with each other outside of the classroom. 

However, not all students are excited about the event. “We are not looking forward to it, because we have a dumb theme and we are afraid to play those games in front of a lot of people. We are scared something embarrassing will happen like we might get hurt in front of the whole school. But, we are also glad we get a free day out of school to hang out with our friends and talk all day long. We know our skills and nobody else is better then us at the games we play. We have so much confidence in our class to win it all,” said juniors Greenlea Vaughan and Alexis Greene.