Time to Meet the Tribe

Paige Greenwalt, Reporter

It is about that time again for basketball games, popcorn, loud cheers and time to bring out the Indian gear, but first comes Meet the Indians. Meet the Indians is coming up and will be held on Saturday, November 19 at 6 p.m. Not only is Meet the Indians a time to meet all the basketball players and cheerleaders, but it is a time for the community to come together and enjoy time with the students. This night consists of an introduction of the players, cheerleaders, and coaches, and also a few activities. Senior Chase Smith said, “I am really looking forward to this year’s Meet the Indians. It is always a blast to spend some time with my team and make new memories.” Meet the Indians is an annual vent, all thanks to dedicated coaches, Jake Talbert as head coach of boys basketball and Connie McNeil as the head coach of the cheer team. Head Coach Jake Talbert said, “We look forward to seeing our fans, especially all of our young ones, this Saturday night. It will be a great time.”

Meet the Indians will have a few games and cheers lined up for the night. The cheerleaders will be doing floor cheers, and they will be teaching the basketball team a floor cheer as well. Senior Cheerleader Jovi Horton said, “Meet the Indians is a great opportunity to practice our cheers in front of a crowd before the big Turkey Tournament in Christopher. It is also so much fun to try and teach the boys our cheers.”