Lets get Loud

Jovi Horton, Reporter

The 2022-2023 cheerleading team has twelve members this year. Jovi Horton is the only senior on the team. Gracie Loker and Cecilia Choate are the juniors. The sophomores are Brylynn Wallace, Kylee Moore, MaKalyn Gregory, Josie Greenwalt, and Rainey Loker. There are four freshmen and they are, Abigail Young, Alayna White, Reese Legg, and Katelyn Catron. The team started out having fifteen girls, but had three quit and two got hurt. One of their members just got cleared by the doctor to cheer, so now they will have eleven girls cheering at the first game. The first event that the girls will participate in will be Meet the Indians which is Saturday, November 19 at 6 p.m. One of the juniors Cecilia Choate replied, “I love getting to be a part of Meet the Indians. It is so fun getting to take pictures with my friends and showing the crowd some of our new cheers.” The cheerleaders will be competing at their first tournament on Tuesday, November 22. That is the first of three tournaments that the girls will compete in. They also get to compete in the Conrad Allen Holiday Tournament and the MTC tournament. At last year’s Turkey Tournament, they got first place and are hopeful that they will receive that title again this year. Freshman Reese Legg says, “I am so glad that I am cleared to cheer. I’m so nervous, but still excited that I will get to cheer at our first game while being judged at the Christopher Turkey Tournament. I am also hoping that my best friend Josie will get better soon and be able to cheer with me again.”