Blood Drive is Back

Paige Greenwalt, Reporter

The FCCLA members will be hosting one last American Red Cross Blood Drive to end the year. The blood drive will be held on March 2 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Like last semester, it will take place at Wayne City High School in the performance gym. Anyone 16 and older can sign up to donate blood, but only with parent permission if students are 16. The high school students are also offered a special deal. Physical Education teacher Karen Johnson will allow one free no-dress pass if students sign up to donate blood. This offer is a one time deal for students and it encourages them to sign up for the blood drive. Free no-dress days are considered just a free pass for any day the student chooses to stay in their street clothes and are exempt from changing into PE attire.

Senior Jovi Horton, FCCLA Chapter President, said, “I love working the blood drive, but I usually have to work the snack table because needles freak me out.” To sign up and donate is very simple, to schedule an appointment go to RedCrossBlood.org and enter the sponsor code WAYNEHS. This is a quick and easy way to see what times are available, or just scan the bar-code on the posters that have been displayed around the community. FCCLA advisor Laura Miller said, “This is the first year we have tried having two blood drives in one school year, so I am anxious to see how the second turn out is.  The day of the blood drive is always busy and exhausting but it is one of my favorite days!”