The student news site of Wayne City High School

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

Polls

What do you think of the new finals policy at WCHS?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Connexion

New Years, New Goals

With a new superintendent and principal coming in with the beginning of the 2023-2024 school year, many people are curious about who they are as individuals and what their goals are for this year. Stephan Ellis and Nicole Henson are names that Wayne City is somewhat familiar with, as neither of them are strangers to Wayne City Schools. However, several in the community are anxious to get to know them better. 

Stephan Ellis began his career in Wayne City in the 2017-2018 school year when he was hired on as the junior high reading and physical education teacher. Since then, he has fulfilled these duties, as well as taking on different coaching roles. This year, he stepped up to become the high school principal and truly cares for the students he oversees. In an interview, Ellis states, “I believe that these are good kids in this hallway and that’s why I took this job.”

Since she has lived here for most of her life, Superintendent Nicole Henson is no stranger to Wayne City. She and her husband have raised two sons who have also graduated from Wayne City High School. Being in her 28th year in education, serving as a teacher, assistant principal, and principal at Bluford for the last 27, she is excited about taking on this new position. Henson expressed, “I am super excited to be coming ‘home’ to serve the students, staff, families, and community of Wayne City. I look forward to leading the district and creating wonderful opportunities for students at Wayne City CUSD #100.”