The student news site of Wayne City High School

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

Polls

What do you think of the new finals policy at WCHS?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Connexion

Senior Chaos

Senior+Chaos

With this year being the last, the seniors have found themselves immersed in a whirlwind of activities. Many have been juggling college visits, filling out scholarship applications, and finding the perfect senior quote. Their days are filled with anticipation and reflection. College visits offer glimpses of the possibilities ahead, as they explore campuses and envision where they might spend the next chapter of their lives. 

“In fall of 2024 I will be going to the University of Southern Indiana to pursue a career in dental hygiene. This has been my dream school since I was a freshman and I was excited to see I got accepted. I will be visiting the campus on November 15, and I couldn’t be more excited,” states Senior Cecilia Choate. Another senior, Liam Smith has been weighing his options and going on multiple college visits to try to find the perfect fit for him. Smith says,

“When I visit college, I try to picture how happy I could see myself there. I visited the University of Southern Indiana, it has really good facilities, very nice people, and amazing teachers. Southeastern Missouri State is also in the mix. It had very nice facilities as well as SIU, and looked like a lot of fun. I can see myself here for the next four years. My next visit will be November 10, to Southern Illinois University of Edwardsville.” 

As seniors navigate these tasks with determination, they not only prepare for the academic challenges ahead, but also cherish the memories and relationships that have defined their high school experience.