The Year We’ve All Been Waiting For

Maddie Clark

This is the year seniors have all been waiting for. This year will be full of new experiences and hard decisions to prepare them for life after high school. It might still be early in the school year, but it’s time to start thinking about graduation. Balfour will be here in the cafeteria on Thursday, August 31 to measure for cap and gowns. If students want to order anything from them, this is when forms have to be turned in.

While talking about the end of the year, seniors should not forget about the Washington D.C. trip. Seniors are selling discount cards! Half of the money made off of the cards you sell will go towards payments for the trip. Remember, there are a few requirements to be able to go on this trip. Students cannot have more than one day of in-school suspension, more than one day of out-of-school suspension, more than one unexcused absence, and no more than four hours of Saturday detention.

Also, it’s time to start filling out college applications and scholarships! Seniors should make sure if they haven’t taken the ACT to get signed up for the October test!  

Students are only a month into the 2017-2018 school year, and time is already flying by. As the wise Lucas Tobin once said about this year, “Be good or be good at it!”