Alumni: High School Years of Eric Green

Jayzale O'Neal

Eric Green graduated from Wayne City High School in 2017. Eric Green was an A and B student, and now he attends Rend Lake College.

When asked about his WCHS experience, Eric replied, “I was a student athlete, and I took part in FCA, Apologetics, FFA, History Club, and Pep Club.” However, Eric spent most of his time playing sports. Eric played basketball, baseball, and recreational ping pong. He said basketball and Baseball were two things he had a passion for.

In Eric’s baseball career, Wayne City made it to the regionals. He stated, “We lost in the regional championship to Edwards County and I started as a right fielder.” His senior year, they had a record of 10-8, one of the best records WCHS baseball had in years. He said, “I had one heck of a season with the great Coach Boldt.”

According to Eric, “Basketball was my favorite sport and activity I ever did at Wayne City.” Eric started as shooting guard for varsity. Eric even had a game where he scored over 30 points. His senior year, Eric and the Indians made it to the first round in regionals. They lost to Webber Township High School by a few points. Eric and the Indians finished out the season with a record of 20-7.  Eric also says, “Thank God I am out !”