Unusual Pet or Unusual Student?

MaKenna Kelly

Students at WCHS have quite the collection of creatures great and small!  

Freshman Kendy Anderson has a bearded dragon named Mitch. Kendy was asked how she feels about having Mitch as a pet she said, “He is stupid, but I love him.” She got Mitch for an eighth grade graduation present. Kendy said, “Mitch is kinda expensive to take care of. You have to buy his food which costs about $25 and a heating lamp which costs $45. Mitch is kept in a tank inside Kendy’s bedroom.

Junior Marshall White has a peacock named Porkchop. When asked how he feels about it he said, “It’s very annoying!” He got Porkchop in 2005, he says it isn’t really expensive to take care for a peacock. They keep Porkchop in a cage with the chickens outside. Marshall also has a pet llama, named Jellybean. Whenever he was asked about Jellybean he said, “It’s KUNTRY!” They got Jellybean in 2003, and it is also not that expensive to take care of. They keep Jellybean in a “big ole pin” outside.

Freshman Paige Tadlock has a snake (Ball Python) named Chammile. When asked how she felt about Chammile she said, “She is very low maintenance, and always fun to have around. I have had her for seven years, so I am very attached to her.” She got Chammile on her eighth birthday. Paige was asked if Chammile is expensive to take care of she said, “Not really, you have to buy frozen mice to thaw and feed her. That is not necessarily expensive, but it is difficult because the nearest place that sells them is in Evansville.” Chammile is kept in a tank inside.

Freshman Marissa Taulbee has a pet squirrel name Millie. Marissa was also asked how she feels about having Millie as a pet and she said, “She is cute, but she is stupid.” She got Millie four months ago. She was asked if Millie is expensive to care for she said, “Not really.” Millie is kept in a cage inside.

Who would’ve known we would have some zoo keepers in our school!