September’s Senior of the Month

Rylee Greenwalt

The definition of a good candidate for Senior of the Month is a student that is well behaved and kind-hearted to all. Each high school teacher comes together to vote for a new senior to be chosen every month. September’s Senior of the Month is Quinn Kidd. Mrs. Mays, Math teacher at WCHS said, “Quinn has the characteristics that impress every teacher. She is hardworking, respectful, compassionate, responsible, and always puts her best foot forward.” Quinn said, “I believe that being an all around nice person to everyone you encounter is a great characteristic to have.”

Quinn has a part time job at Countryside as a CNA outside of school hours and also tutors two days a week after school. As busy as having a part time job can be, she also is involved in a few clubs at Wayne City High School. Quinn participates in History Club, Beta Club, FCCLA and Scholar Bowl. When choosing the candidates for this award teachers also look at grades and good behavior. When asked about her grades she laughed and said, “I think my grades are pretty decent.” Quinn stated that her favorite class this year would have to be Calculus. While talking to her about how her senior year is going, she stated, “It has been very stressful and enjoyable at the same time.”

Quinn would like to go to college after high school and major in nursing to become a pediatric acute care nurse practitioner. She is interested in attending University of Michigan or Ohio University and graduate with her Masters in Nursing.