Shoes Make Up Your Sole

Hanah Cooper

In Wayne City High School, shoes are a way of life, especially with a large group of male students. According to Junior, Jayzale O’Neal, “Shoes show your true meaning. In my opinion, if your shoes aren’t cool, you aren’t cool.” Now, this opinion may not belong to everyone, but most people still make sure their kicks are pretty fly when they are walking around with Jay and his friends.

Sophomore, Travis Dickey, is another boy who is trapped in the hole of shoe obsession. “Shoes are a way to express how you feel. Your personality can be reflected in your shoes. My shoes are usually simple. I’m a simple guy and my shoes express that.”

Not everyone, however, is buying the whole “shoes are life” motto. Marcus Durham, a Sophomore, is one of them. “I don’t really care what I wear. I sometimes even wear slides without socks to let my piggies breathe.” People like Travis and Jayzale are sickened by that thought. Tennis shoes are the way to go for them.

Male students make up the “sole” of the whole shoe frenzy, but females are not excluded from the love of tennis shoes around the school. Avery Seidel, a Sophomore, is one of the few girls in this group. “I get a lot of my shoes on sale, but I have dropped a hundred dollars on a pair of shoes and I wouldn’t put it past myself to do it again.” Throughout our little school, lots of people have big feelings about what they put on their feet. There are plenty of people who think footwear is the most important part of their outfit while others, honestly, couldn’t care less about it. For the most part, students are wearing shoes around school, so they must have some significance in the students’ lives. Whether everyone is willing to pay big bucks for the newest pair of Jordan’s or they’re just wearing the cheapest pair of sneakers they could find, shoes affect a person’s life more than they think. This stands true unless someone enjoys walking around the school building with bare, unprotected feet.