Teacher Feature: Mrs. Emery

Mrs. Susan Emery is one of many teachers here at Wayne City Unit 100. She teaches high school Computer Science Principles, Keyboarding, and a Technology class for the  Jr. High Rotation. She is also the high school Beta Club sponsor. Mrs. Emery loves spending time with her family, playing golf, taking a side-by-side ride through the trail in her woods, and gardening. Mrs. Emery is married and has two kids. She loves to say, “Good morning!” and, “Have a nice day!” to her students.

Mrs. Emery said there is not a lot she dislikes about teaching. She loves meeting and getting to know all of her students. “I LOVE being a teacher and find myself so lucky to work in this great school district!” Mrs. Emery graduated from Mt. Vernon Township High School in 1991. She got her bachelors in 1995 at Lindenwood University in Business Administration with a focus in accounting. She got her first Masters in 2011 from McKendree University in Secondary Education and got her second master’s degree in School Administration with a focus on being a principal at McKendree University as well.  

Fellow and very thankful teacher Mrs. Keen said, “She is kind enough to let the journalism classes use both her computer labs! We appreciate her kindness!”  Gracie Musgrave said, “Mrs. Emery has a very fun but focused classroom environment and she has taught me so many things to use in my future.”

When asked to share some super fun facts about herself, Mrs. Emery stated she was a sprinter in her “younger days.” She ran 100m, 200m, and 400m. Her favorite was the 200m with her best time being 26.3 seconds. Mrs. Emery’s great grandmother was a teacher in a one room schoolhouse near Harmony, IL. Mrs. Emery credits her grandmother as her inspiration to be a teacher.