Not-So Friendly Fire

Hanah Cooper

The war is on at Wayne City High School and the classes are ready to tear each other apart! Battle of the Classes is right around the corner. The battle will begin after lunch on Monday, October 23. Mrs. Susan Emery, the main coordinator of Battle of the Classes, has a bunch of fun-filled games in line for the students this year. Some of the games are a little out there like Noodling Field Hockey or Drunken Free-Throw Shooting, but there’s a mix of calmer games as well, such as Mario Kart and Musical Chairs.

All of the individual classes are preparing themselves, not just for the games, but for the overall challenge of outdoing one another with their bulletin board, their shirts, and most excitingly, their run-outs. Everyone’s overlying theme for the bulletin this year is Drug-Free and Anti-Bullying for Red Ribbon Week. Being as creative and as artistic with that theme as the students can, is their challenge! As for the T-shirts and the run-outs, that’s all left to the students’ imaginations. The Freshmen are marching onto the battlefield as the COF- Confederacy of Freshmen. Sophomores were sitting around a campfire when the idea hit them: Spongebob theme! Juniors decided to attack with Force and use a Star Wars theme. Finally, the Seniors are pushing everyone to a Game Over this year, ready to dominate in every aspect. They may all come from different worlds, but these classes are not afraid to put up the fight to defend their class, and most importantly, their honor. So, the Freshmen are loading their weapons, the Juniors are preparing for a war, and the Seniors are ready to play their game. Sophomores, well, no one really knows how they plan to fight with the Bikini Bottom Gang but they sure are gonna do their best to put up a fight!