When Wayne City High School Becomes College

Savanah Guilmot

At Wayne City High School, some students can make the choice to take dual credit classes which will give them a credit for high school and university without having to pay the college price. Classes are given by college-approved high school teachers and the subject of those classes are real university syllabi.

Most reported economics are the reason much of the time as taking classes in high school saves a great deal of college money. When students were asked to justify their enrollment in a dual credit classes. But they also like to be in small groups with only people they have known for years.

According to other WCHS students, what makes the class difficult is the rapidity of how the subjects are taught. As soon as they have seen a new lesson, they move to the next. Also, homework can be longer than for other classes because the exercises are more demanding and require students to understand the lesson perfectly. Even though they agreed on the difficulty, some students found the class very interesting such as Dawson who explains, “It’s my favorite class of the day because I learn the most in there.”

Most of them don’t regret their choice, and point out some very positive aspects such as the size of the group, the enormity of what they can learn, and most important, the quality and the kindness of their teacher.