College Is Here!

Jaxon King

With graduation being right around the corner, what do seniors want to do after high school? Most seniors still do not know what they want to do with their lives, but most know where they will go to college after graduation. It is a hard decision to make as a teen, but it is one of the most important decisions as well. Going to the wrong college can waste money, time, and can give the worst college experience possible.

Twenty seniors were polled about what they wanted to do with their life after high school. Two students reported they are not planning on attending college and are jumping right into the workforce right after high school. Five seniors plan on attending college twenty-five miles or less, because it is closer to home. Ten seniors are wanting to go to college at least one hundred miles away so they can be far enough away, yet close enough to home. Two seniors planned on going one thousand miles in Philadelphia and New York City, and one senior is planning to go two thousand miles away in Miami.

Many seniors remain undecided on what they want to do but they have some time to decide your major. Aubrey Noe said, “I want to go far away because I want to be all on my own, yet I want to be close enough to my parents where I can get to them in a heartbeat if I need something.”