Who Are The Guardians of Knowledge

Savanah Guilmot

They are with us five days a week, helping students and teaching us things that we will need. Sometimes, even though everyone may not see what is the point of a lesson, students still learn and train their brain to be able to understand new things. Nevertheless, students don’t know a lot about them and the reason why they became a teacher at Wayne City.  

Four teachers were asked about their life decisions: Mrs. Miller, Mrs. Keen, Miss Rodgers and Mrs. Mays.

When asked if “teacher” has always been what they wanted to do, only two of them answered yes. Miss Rodgers said, “Yes, I have always wanted to be a teacher. I never imagined doing anything else”. But what happen to the two others? Why did they changed their mind? Mrs. Mays explained that her decision was based on her religion. According to her she would have never chosen teacher as a career but yet she became one and loves it. The other one is Mrs. Miller for whom teaching was absolutely not what she had planned. She started social study and ended up getting a license in teaching. She said that decision was not 100% hers but confess that it was a very good advice.

Currently, every single one of them stated they enjoyed their job, including Mrs. Keen who explained, “It is rewarding to help those kids with the best of my abilities and try to teach them with the way it fits them the best.” Mrs. Keen studied at Eastern Illinois University to earn a bachelor of science in education and get a license in special education to help kids with disabilities. Mrs. Mays, Miss Rodgers and Mrs. Miller, have enjoyed seeing their students evolve and become confident in their abilities. This is the reason why none of them regrets to be a teacher.