Beta Than You

Morgan Schumm

Every year Beta Club members from Illinois travel to Springfield, IL. for State Beta Club Convention. After speaking with Beta Club members here at Wayne City, they all seem to be very excited. Members attending will be leaving February 28 and will be coming home March 1st. They spend two days and one night in the Crown Plaza. While they are there, they will have a few sessions to attend where they will listen to multiple speakers. In addition to sessions, students are required to participate in a test. The tests incorporate many different categories and topics. There are tests in art, math, science, history and many other categories. Students get the chance to place and if they do, they get to advance to National Convention. National Convention will be held in Savannah, Georgia this year and students are eager to go.

Wayne City’s group talent will also be performing this year, they have received first place at state convention the past two years and advanced to Nationals. The students are hoping to come out on top once again this year.

This year Nate Barbee, a Junior from Wayne City, will be running for State Beta Club President. He will be delivering a speech to all Illinois Beta’s and other students from Wayne City will be presenting a skit to campaign for Nate. Nate currently has t-shirts for sell so students can wear them during State to campaign for Nate.

Students are pumped to attend State Convention, like they are every year. Boys and girls are counting down the days until they get to head to Springfield.