Glitz and Glimmer

Shayla Miller

The morning of prom is a stressful time for most families. With girls getting to their hair appointments and boys getting their cars all shined up, it makes for an eventful day. For Wayne City High School, prom fell on Saturday, March 24th, but preparations for prom started before then. WCHS let out of school the Friday before to set up the decorations. Staff, students, and other volunteers all helped out to make the gym look stunning for the elegant night ahead.

After decoration was set up, the prom royalty started their practice at six o’clock that evening. The students on prom court were so anxious and excited to see which one of their friends were going to become the next king and queen.

Prom day started off to be gloomy and rainy, so volunteers got to the school early to escort students in under their umbrellas. Iconik pictures began at four o’clock that evening, leading into the catered meal that started at four-thirty. People gathered at the doors until being opened to the public at five-thirty. As the crowd scurried to find a seat in the gym, students lined up for the walkthrough beginning at six o’clock.

Mistress and Masters of ceremonies, Aubrey Noe and Bradley Braddock later announced Lucas Tobin and Quinn Kidd as the 2018 prom king and queen. The crowd showed their excitement as the prom court made their way off the stage and down the aisle. At seven o’clock, the crowd of family and friends were asked to leave, letting the students start their dance.

Prom was fun and organized making for a great night for students. Students left for post-prom at midnight and arrived at Koko Mo Joes at two-thirty in the morning. They had a great time while they were there and then left at five that morning.   The students returned to the school at eight the next morning from post prom, leaving not only the students exhausted but also all of the volunteers and bus drivers.