Everyone Has a Story

Jayla Pendleton

Everyone has a story. Every stranger you pass by, every person in your class, and every person you see on social media. Each and every person has a story, whether it is big or small. It all starts with a conversation with those people.

I have been the Wayne City High School volleyball manager since my freshman year along with my sister, Joy. It requires time, effort, patience, and many other things. One of the most important qualities you have to have as a volleyball manager is to step out of your comfort zone. You have to be willing to talk to the referees when there is a problem with the score or even just getting to know them. I have made many friendships with the referees throughout my experience. On October 13, 2018, I was working at the Edwards County High School Volleyball Tournament, and I met Alli Beth Goering, a volleyball player for Edwards County.

Alli is the 15 year old daughter to Carrie and Dave Wells. Alli moved from West Salem, IL to Grayville, IL about a year ago because her mom got married. She lives in Grayville, IL but she goes to school in Albion. She is currently a sophomore. Alli says,”I still get to see all my friends.” Alli is in FCCLA, which stands for Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America and she is also in FBLA, which stands for Future Business Leaders of America. Alli participates in three sports: softball, volleyball, and cheerleading.

You meet people in the most unexpected ways. I challenge you next time you’re out and about, go out of your comfort zone and talk to a stranger and learn their story.

.