May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor

Rylee Greenwalt, Chieftain Editor

High School Battle of the Classes is a time students look forward to in the middle of the first semester. It is a time to get out of class and have a fun-filled day with classmates and teachers. Mrs. Beehn has recently taken over the responsibility of being the Beta Club sponsor from Mrs. Emery. Beta Club is in charge of putting together games and the behind the scenes organization of Battle of the Classes. Mrs. Beehn appointed her Beta Club officers to assist her in choosing the popular games students have loved in the past.

This year Battle of the Classes falls on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving break. Staff and students see this as the perfect day to participate in this event. There is a two o’clock dismissal this day, so Mrs. Beehn and the Beta Club officers decided to do the class run outs and gymnasium games in the morning and the class decorating in the afternoon. Grade school students will cheer the classes on during the gymnasium games in the morning and attend their Thanksgiving class parties in the afternoon.

Classes will be judged on their themed run outs, their attire, and class decorating. Throughout the morning, classes will earn points through gymnasium games. The points earned determine the winner of the event. Tug of war, musical chairs, and blindfolded free-throws are only a few of the games during the Battle of the Classes. Students can’t wait to see all of the competition this event will bring!