An Enchanted Evening Awaits

Special thanks to ICONIK STUDIO for providing the photograph.

Rylee Greenwalt, Chieftain Editor

An enchanted evening is underway in Wayne City High School. The first stop for prom is selecting prom court. Students anxiously wait for the announcement over the intercom to listen if there name will be called. In classes freshmen through juniors, two boys and two girls are chosen each year for prom attendants. Five senior king and queen attendants are also chosen to be in line for king and queen.

This year, the mistress and master of ceremonies will be Molly McNeil and Nate Barbee. Queen attendees for prom this year are Hanah Cooper, Caitlyn Dickey, Chasidy Greenwalt, MaKenna Kelly, and Kennedy Sledge. King attendees are not always as thrilled with this honor. King attendees are Cole Clark, Isaac Loker, Kyle Sledge, Dalton Smith, and Marshall White. Junior attendees are Leah Marvel, Libby Williams, Kyle Borah, and Travis Dickey.

The juniors are a few steps closer to being King and Queen attendees. Sophomores get all the nervous energy out in their first year of court during their freshman year. The sophomore attendees for this year are Kendy Anderson, Jaden Boyd, Jarrett Lewis, and Adam Loker. Unlike the sophomores, freshmen attendees have all kinds of nervous energy because being a freshman means being on the lower end of fellow classmates. Freshman attendees are Lauren Bass, Lizzy Landreth, Cody Conover, and Taj McKinney. The sweetest of all the attendees of prom each year is the junior court. The junior court consists of Presley Kelly and Kade Anselment. Come see the elegant dresses and handsome tuxedos on March 30, the enchanting night will start at six o’clock sharp.