Midseason Preparation Makes Late Season Dreams Come True

Austin Schuster, Reporter

The Fairfield Mules cross country team has run at four meets so far this year and as they near the midpoint of the season, they have their eyes set on the late October races.  The Mules have ran well so far this year, and as a team have won the Lawrenceville Invitational on September 14. The Mules have also ran at the Benton Mr. A Invitational and the Olney Invitational. The Wayne City boys ran well for the Mules at Benton. Junior, Austin Schuster, placed 12th with a time of 17:50, and freshman, Chase Smith, finished 36th with a time of 19:51.  Austin Schuster also ran at Lawrenceville and finished in 4th place with a time of 18:06, and at Olney with a time of 17:53, finishing with a place of 39th . Chase Smith also ran well for the Mules, with his title of 6th place at Lawrenceville and a time of 18:48. At Olney he placed 96th with time of 19:42. When asked how he was feeling after a couple of races compared to the beginning, Chase said, “At the beginning of the season I felt a little scared and nervous, but now getting further into the season it’s definitely a lot easier. I’m not as nervous as I was in the beginning.” The Mules look to continue their season on October 3 at the Robinson Invitational.