If the Crown Fits… 

Jaden Boyd, Reporter

On Saturday, September 23, ten girls from Wayne City High School gathered behind the curtain and tried their best to calm one another’s nerves. Confidence was key in this very moment, and the title of 2019 Miss Bean Queen was on the line. With a head full of hair spray and hearts racing, each girl knew they only had one chance to walk out and wow the judges. However, in this competition, there were more than just looks being evaluated. 

Before the pageant, the girls all had a personal interview with the judges, where they were questioned about volunteer work and their extracurricular activities. With awards like Miss Congeniality, won by Kelby Wood, and Best Team Player, given to Jayden Bailey, the girls really had their personalities evaluated. However, there were, of course, beauty titles awarded as well. Leah Marvel won best dress, and Jovi Horton was awarded best hair. At the end of the night, Libby Williams held the title of First Runner Up. Andrew White praised her by saying, “She looked absolutely stunning, and I don’t think Delainey Bailey could’ve done any better with her hair and makeup. I’m so proud of her performance.” The overall winner was Jayla Pendleton, who was ecstatic to win her title. “I’m excited to be The 2019 Miss Bean Queen Winner, and I’m looking forward to the parade and rodeo,” said Jayla.