Wayne City Fall Carnival

Emilee Jones, Reporter

FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY! Wayne City Matters will host a fall carnival Sunday, October 27, 2019. Starting at 3 pm there will be FREE food and games for everyone in the Baptist Church Parking Lot. At 5 pm they will begin costume judging. There are several divisions for costume judging including 3 and under, Pre-K, 1st and 2nd, 3rd and 4th, 5th and 6th, 7th and 8th, High School, Adult, and pet. There will be prizes awarded for costume winners. Soon after costume judging at 6-7 pm they will begin Trunk or Treat. Those people who are interested in setting up a carnival game or Trunk or Treat will need to pre-register by October 13th at a local church church or call Angela Hedden at (618)-599-4522. Be creative with the Trunk or Treat display, a prize will be awarded for most creative Trunk or Treat display. “The fall carnival is a fun and enjoyable time to hang out with your friends and spend time with your family. The little kids really enjoy it as well. Most of us high schoolers work in a booth. I will be helping with the FCCLA booth this year and we will be doing a pumpkin craft,” says senior Delainey Bailey. Community members are not going to want to miss this opportunity to help make their town great and make wonderful memories for the children.