Spooky Season is Here!

Delainey Bailey, Reporter

The autumn season is finally here, and all the WCHS students love it. Students also call this time of year “Spooky Season” because of all the fun and scary events leading up to Halloween. Spooky Season starts on October 1st to Halloween. Summer is officially over; cold air is here!

Everyone at WCHS is in sweatshirts and coats now. Sandals are gone! Spooky Season activities include: tee-peeing, haunted houses, pumpkin patches, hayrides, bonfires, the Wayne City Fall Carnival, and pumpkin carving.

This is a favorite season of many, because students like to tee-pee houses. It is a tradition for kids to start the tee-pee season on Bean Days night and the season lasts until early November. Since Wayne City does not have football, some of our students like to cheer on the Fairfield Mules at football games on Friday nights.

Spooky season is the kickoff to the holiday season, getting everyone in the festive spirit. This time of year is a favorite of many. For the foreign exchange students, Spooky Season is a completely new idea. Greta Ihmels is a foreign exchange student from Germany. When asked how she is enjoying Spooky Season and how different this time of year compared to fall season in Germany, she replied, “Fall season in Germany is completely different than here. The weather is very cold and just unpleasant. Everyone is just waiting for Christmas and winter. But here, people are more excited for this time of year and there are many more things to do.”