FCCLA Goes to Fall Leadership Meeting

Illinois FCCLA Fall Leadership Meeting Program

Jayla Pendleton, Editor

The Wayne City Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) chapter went to the Illinois Fall Leadership Meeting on Tuesday, October 29 at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale. The leadership meeting included workshops, such as Break Up with Stress and Safety Comes First, in which to participate. In order to have been able to be a part of this event, the members of the chapter had to pay fifteen dollars. The theme of the leadership meeting was “Celebrating Leadership through the years.” 

The Presiding State Officer, Grace Gibbons from ROWVA High School, opened up the meeting at 9 o’clock in the morning with the creed and pledge of allegiance. The current State Officer Adviser is Sarah Neill-Nelson from ROWVA High School. The Keynote Presenter was Mr. Jeff Fritchnitch, who is currently the Mt. Vernon High School Superintendent. Student Lillian Borah had good words to express about the key presenter.  “The speaker was my favorite because he made it interesting. He wasn’t saying the old stuff that everybody says,” stated Lillian.

The leadership meeting ran till 12:30 in the afternoon, ending with members reciting the creed. The Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America has the Illinois State Conference coming up on April 2-4, 2020 in Springfield, Illinois.