Senior Fundraising

Libby Williams, reporter

The Wayne City High School Seniors fundraised for their trip to Washington, D.C. on Saturday, February 15. They have been fundraising since their freshman year by working at Santa Shoppe for kindergarten through sixth grade, selling Krispy Kreme Donuts, and on Saturday they sought community donations at the intersection in town. The senior class had two shifts they could choose to work at, ten to eleven or eleven to twelve in the morning, or they could donate lollipops for students to give to people after they donated for the trip. The students who participated that morning had to bundle up, because it was very cold that day. The class of 2020 raised over $800.00 that day and plan on doing this again later in the year when it gets warmer outside.”It was freezing outside that day, but it was totally worth the time!” says Andrew White. The seniors who have helped with fundraising over the last four years ended up only having to pay $65 for their last payment for their trip to D.C. The seniors’ hard work throughout their high school careers, with the help of their dedicated sponsors and the Podolsky Foundation, made their $1000 trip a minimum of $265 if you have worked on fundraising all four years. When asked how she felt about fundraising throughout high school, Alexis Chapman said, “I think fundraising helped the senior class so much! Without this fundraising, a bunch of our classmates would not be able to attend this trip. We have our class sponsors, Mrs. Kissner and Mrs. Keen, to thank for helping us so much. I am so excited to go on this trip and have a blast with my friends and classmates!” The class of 2020 and their sponsors have worked very hard and will be on their way to Washington, D.C. April 2!