First on the List

Beth Thompson, Reporter

It’s on everyone’s mind. It’s all some people think about. When can society go back to normal? When can the masks come off?  There is no answer for that question right now, but it raises another one instead. What’s the first thing people will do without them? For some, the answer might be as simple as going out to eat with loved ones. For others, it might be a little bigger, like going to Bean Days.

¨I was so excited to go to a concert this year, but it’s been postponed, so it’s not fun having to wait,¨ commented a Wayne City student. There are lots of things people took for granted, until they weren’t allowed to do them anymore such as having a family gathering or having friends over. Here’s a simple one, just giving a loved one a hug.  Little things and big things in everyday life that everyone misses so much.

¨The first thing I would do without the virus is go to friends house, or go to the park, maybe even just go out to eat. It would be great to go to school like normal and not worry about being 6 feet or people being sent home because they are sick,” says Cheyenne Hahn, a junior at Wayne City high school. Students look back on the days with regular gym class, group projects, life without masks, and they miss them. If people continue to push through, and stay optimistic, it will be easier to think that this will end very soon.