Prom is ON!

Kelcee Seymour, Reporter

It is that time of year again. Where everybody can dress up and show off the latest styles. Prom is almost here, and the excitement is in the air. Tuesday, May 25 is the big day. This year will be a little different. Because of COVID-19, the prom will be held at A Pocketful of Sunshine Venue in Mount Vernon. Of course, masks will be provided and social distancing will be encouraged. There also will not be an after prom trip this year. Our school’s Unit Secretary, Angie Kelly, is directing prom this year. She says, “Planning prom has been an adventure this year. Due to COVID and the restrictions, we were told we could not have prom. But, in the last month, guidelines have been changed and I have been given the go-ahead to plan prom off campus at A Pocketful of Sunshine. Normally, we start planning prom in the fall, but now I have two months to make sure everything is perfect for our big night. The venue was completely booked on weekends throughout the year, so that is why our prom will be on a Tuesday night. Prom will absolutely be different this year, but I am certain that it will be a great time and am so excited to see our students all dressed up!” Pictures will be held at 5:00, Coronation at 6:00, a catered meal at 6:45, and the dance from 7:30-11:00. Prom’s theme this year is “Better Together.” This theme fits perfectly for what we have experienced this last year due to COVID. Ultimately, we are better together and need one another to make it through these tough times.