Fun Clubs For Freshman

Tommy Bruns, Reporter

Are you a freshman who wants to join a club, or maybe you are bored and want to do something after school. Well whatever the reason is, here is a list of some clubs that you can join.

What is a Scholar Bowl? Scholar Bowl is an academic competition that puts your wit to the test, this club is for anybody. You may think that this club is for nerds but if you like sports, video games, or you just have a general knowledge of things then this club might be for you. It has a few requirements that are easy to meet. The main requirement is that you have to have good grades, not straight A’s, just passing all your classes. You also have to have good sportsmanship and the ability to stay quiet. If you feel like Scholar Bowl is for you then go to the band room and talk to Mrs. Fagan.

If you want to play with reptiles then go to the office and ask for a herpetology form. The herpetology club meets in the Jr. High Science lab during lunch, they take care of and hangout with reptiles.

FCCLA, Family Career and Community Leaders, is a fun club that you can do if you’ve had Mrs. Miller’s class at any point in high school you are eligible for this club. This club takes fun trips and can offer you many opportunities.

The FFA is a fun club that anyone can do, they take many trips the biggest of which is the trip to National Convention, the requirements of FFA is that you must currently be in a class taught by Mrs. Ehrhart. If you’re not in one of her classes and you want to be in FFA you can always take an independent class, ask Mrs. Braddock for more information.