MTC Conference Tournament

Addison Seidel, Reporter

As the season winds down, the Wayne City Lady Indians volleyball team has been preparing to play in the Midland Trail Conference Tournament for weeks.  The team faced off with two other conference teams to see if they could advance to the trophy night of the tournament, but the team’s night did not turn out the way they had hoped. 

They were 0-2 in the night, being defeated by Christ Our Rock High School and Woodlawn High School. When teammate Kelby Wood was asked how she felt about the game she responded, “We did not play our best games of the season but we pushed through and played hard and up despite the injury of teammate Giada.” With her injury, they had to switch their lineup in the middle of the match. Junior Jovi Horton said, “It was unfortunate that Giada got injured, but I have played that position before so it was not new to me so it was not much of a transition.” The Lady Indians would have advanced to play for top four at Clay City High School if they were to win their games on Thursday.

With the two tough losses the Lady Indians will not advance, but they will continue to practice as they prepare for their last games and regionals that are coming up. “It was very bitter-sweet that last night was the last tournament I would get to play in the gym as a Lady Indians volleyball player. I wish we could have advanced to play for top four at Clay City high school, but now we have the Edwards County tournament coming up this Saturday to look forward to,” stated Senior Lizabeth Landreth.