Pep Club

Pep+Club

Lucas Noe, Reporter

This year’s Lady Indians volleyball team was backed by the support of the crowd and the Indians Pep Club. The majority of the Pep Club is made up of this year’s basketball team and a few other students. The students in the club have come together and had themes for most of the home games. Some of these themes included a Jersey Night, Blackout, and then all of them showed up in white tank tops for a game as well. On October 18, the club plans to have a white out against Mount Vernon. On senior night, they are planning to wear purple which is a part of a fundraiser for the Wheeler Humphrey family. The pep club hopes to be a big factor in a win for the Lady Indians in the last two home games of the season. When junior Chase Smith was asked about participating in Pep Club, he replied, “I enjoy dressing up and supporting our volleyball team to a win.” He is just one of the many boys that helps out with planning themes and wears stuff to support our team. Senior Lizabeth Landreth stated, “The pep club always makes all of us volleyball girls feel so good while we are playing. Just having our own classmates being at most of our games cheering us on is always so fun. It is also really funny seeing all of them show up in their outfits. My favorite night would probably have been the black out night.” Taj McKinney, a senior said, “I like being apart of it and cheering on the girls, and I hope that they return the favor and more kids also show up to cheer us boys on at the basketball games.”