Loud and Proud!

Giada Macchiaverna, Reporter

Being a cheerleader is probably the dream of a lot of girls, but it is also a very hard activity that requires a lot of time. They started their first practice on June 15 and they have their first official game on November 23. On Friday, November 19 the Wayne City Cheer Squad cheered for the first time this year, during a girls basketball game. The cheerleaders are really excited about this season. “Friday night was our “practice game” before our first big game of the season at Christopher. This is my last year as a cheerleader. I am excited for the game on Tuesday, and I can’t wait to see what the rest of the season has in store for us,” stated senior Lucy Curtis. Freshman Brylynn Wallace also said, “This is my first year as a cheerleader, and even if on Friday it was only a practice, I was a little bit nervous. I had a lot of fun, and I’m really looking forward to this season.” On Tuesday, the cheerleading team will perform in their first official game at Christopher where they will show to everybody all the hard work they have been putting in during the offseason. The game will be at the Christopher High School gym at 7:45. Their next game will be on Friday, and if the basketball team manages to win their games, they will cheer on the championship game on Saturday. After this tournament, the cheerleaders will have at least one game a week and up to three or even four, so Wayne City fans will have a lot of opportunities to watch them cheer. Along with the regular season games the cheerleaders will also perform in tournaments where they will showcase their abilities and stunts.