Big Game Little Cheerleaders

Jovi Horton, Reporter

The Wayne City High School cheer team is going to be able to have their biggest yearly fundraiser again after not being able to have it last year. Saturday, February 5, will be the K-5  cheer clinic from 9-11:30 a.m. The High School cheerleading team makes and teaches the little girls a dance, floor cheer, and two sidelines. The participants will preform all the routines they learn that morning in between of the junior varsity and varsity high school boys games against Flora. During the time they are at the clinic, along with learning all the choreography, they will get to play games like, “Little Sally Walker,” “Simon Says,” and “Duck Duck Goose.” Senior Lizzy Landreth says, “I always love the cheer clinic and seeing the excitement of the little girls as they learn all the different routines. Also that I get to help be apart of the little girls love and enjoyment the little girls have for cheer.”

Each high school cheerleader has to find a sponsor to put on the back of the shirts that are made for the girls and the cheerleaders. The sponsors pay $50 to get their logo on each of the shirts. This year there were 31 businesses who chose to sponsor the clinic. Every participant will get a shirt to preform in that night at the game. Senior Taylor Catron says, “The cheer clinic is my favorite part of the whole season. It is so much fun getting to teach all the little girls the different parts of cheer. I’m so sad this is my last year to be apart of the clinic.”