Sweet Treats Sold Here

Madeline Boyd, reporter

In order to raise the funds necessary for their senior trip, the Junior class of Wayne City High School will be putting on their very own bake sale. It will be held the week of February 7-11, and will be set up in Mrs. Mays’ room all day, as well as in the office at lunch. The baked goods will not only be available just to high school students. Anyone throughout the school is welcome to purchase.  Prices will start at a dollar but will be affordable enough for any student wishing to support or just indulge in some sweets. A wide variety of treats will be available such as cookies, cake pops, brownies, chocolate covered strawberries, and many more. Risten Kell, a senior, expresses his excitement saying, “I am most looking forward to buying some chocolate chip cookies. They are my favorite, and I will definitely be tasting all of them to see which one is best.” The selections will be different each day so do not miss out and buy what you want while it is still an option. Junior classmate Jovi Horton says, “I think the bake sale is a good idea and will make a lot of money. It is an excellent way to get the whole class involved because even if you do not want to bake you can still bring water or donate money. I can not wait to see how it all goes and if everyone enjoys it.” 

If the sale results in great success, the class hopes to have another one in April or May. So if you miss your opportunity to purchase this time, do not worry because there is a chance it will come back around. “We really think this fundraiser will be a big hit and are hoping that we will put another one on in the near future,” says junior, Jonathan Durham.