Lights, Camera, Take Action

Jovi Horton, Reporter

After getting postponed due to weather, FCCLA will finally get to have their annual spring sectional meeting. The meeting will be at the First Christian Church in Fairfield on Thursday, March 17. The schools going to the section meeting include, Clay City, Cisne, Edwards County, Fairfield, Gallatin County, Hamilton County, Mt. Vernon, NCOE, North Clay, Patoka, Sesser-Valier, South Central, and Wayne City. At the meeting each student participating will get the chance to run for an officer position if they would chose to. Current FCCLA president of the Wayne City chapter, junior Jovi Horton, will be running for the Vice President of Section 9. Each member will also get to go around to different workshops throughout the day, hear a keynote speaker, and will be provided lunch. Junior Kelby Wood says, “I am happy that we get to go and have the meeting this year because we didn’t get to last year and I love being able to go and experience this great day.” It is a day where kids can go and get involved and be able to be a part of learning about how they can improve their community. “I love getting to go and see the many different ways I can go and help out with my community and make it a better place for everyone who comes in contact with it,” stated junior Madeline Boyd.