Where Would You Go?

Beth Thompson, Reporter

Students from a small town have often daydreamed about traveling to other places, whether it be a wild night in vibrant New Orleans or a hike through the beautiful New Zealand landscape. Senior Amber McGhee said, “I have always wanted to go to Paris, France. Especially to go see the Palais Garnier.” The Palais Garnier, also known as Opéra Garnier, is one of the three opera houses in Paris. Aside from it being absolutely stunning inside and out, the Palais Garnier is known to put on fantastic performances. But opera is not the only thing that Paris has to offer. “I also want to go to the Louvre Museum and visit the Mona Lisa,” McGhee said. Yes, the home of the most famous painting in the world is in Paris. Aside from the Mona Lisa, the Louvre also houses other famously known paintings like The Raft of the Medusa, The Wedding at Cana, The Lock, Oath of the Horatii and many more. McGhee also said, “I really want to eat authentic French food.” Many people online have said that the food they had in Paris is the best they ever had. Ranging anywhere from coq au vin to chocolate soufflé. Some of the highest rated restaurants in the city include Epicure, Le Cinq, and La Table de Collette. So when considering where to go for your next vacation, maybe give Paris a try. 

Senior Cheyenne Hahn states, “One of the reasons I’d like to go to Brazil is because of their diverse music.” Brazil, or Brasil, has music that is unique because of how it blends different types of music into a special mixture that gives off its own flare. Along with the fun, rhythmic melodies of Brazilian music is a dance, the samba. Samba dance pairs perfectly with the music with it’s upbeat and face paced choreography. “I also like the beautiful scenery and rainforest.” Brazil is home to some awe inspiring sights with its many mountains and waterfalls. The Amazon Rainforest is located there as well. The Amazon is the biggest rainforest in the world, approximately 2.587 square miles, and has around 427 mammal species, 1,300 bird species, 378 species of reptiles, and more than 400 species of amphibians inhabiting it. 

Another place many students really want to go to is Ireland. Ireland has some castles that look like they would just take you back in time. There are approximately 30,000 castles according to Discovering Ireland to go along with the many charming castles are the scenic sights you can see there. In the capital of Ireland, Dublin, tourists can go see the Ha’Penny Bridge. The Ha’Penny Bridge was built in 1815 and is made of cast iron. The Trinity Library has amazing architecture. Every place in this world has its own cultures, traditions, religions, and geography.