Runnin’ Around Bean Town

Paige Greenwalt, Reporter

The annual Wayne City 5k Color Run is coming right around the corner. The color run is one of the biggest fundraisers for prom and the staff needs all the help they can get. The money raised usually comes from either donations or the twenty dollar entrance fee paid to run. This money is used to cover many of the expenses for prom including catering, decorations, music, and post-prom. The 5k has been around for several years and is always the night before Bean Days. The 5k will be held at the Wayne City school parking lot on September 23. Registration is from 5:15 to 5:50 pm, with the start time set for 6 pm. Twilla King, one of the race directors, stated, “The 5k is something healthy for our small community, and everyone always seems to enjoy it. This event always benefits the school and is a great opportunity for the kids.”

This year, Wayne City High School junior class will be serving pork burgers and hot dogs to raise money for their senior trip. This is a great opportunity for them to fundraise so be sure to support them and stop by their booth. Each year the runners will have the chance to run through colorful powder right when they are about to cross the finish line. This is an amazing experience and makes for great memories. Senior Jovi Horton said, “I loved working the 5k last year, mostly because I got to throw colorful powder at runners with all of my friends. It was so much fun and I will definitely do it again.”