Alternative Meals

Madeline Boyd, Reporter

Ever since its release date on September 21,  it seems as if everyone has been watching “Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story”. It is a new series on Netflix, with the main character Dahmer played by Evan Peters. This chilling show that portrays the life and evolution of notorious serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer has captured the attention and interest of Wayne City High School. Any class you sit in, there is almost a guarantee you will hear students and teachers talking about what episode they are on and what they think of it. Senior Ashton Hess watched the whole series in two days and commented, “Once I started watching it I could not stop. I never really watched any shows like it before because I kind of thought they were weird, but I became so interested with what came next in the show I just had to keep going.” 

Although some people started watching this show as just something to do, it has really opened people’s eyes to see how horrendous and disgusting Dahmer was. Not only is it the talk of the school, but it is also all over social media. People have become so much more informed about the tragedies that took place. According to Popbuzz.com even Evan Peters, who plays Dahmer, claims, “I sort of started with a blank slate with Dahmer,” Evan said. “I only had the image of the hazmat suits and the blue vat coming out of the building, which I didn’t even know was an apartment complex.” 

From people who have watched the whole thing to the people who have not even started, they are hooked. Teacher Kelli Keen says, “I have always been intrigued by things like this so, when I saw this show come out, I was so excited. I can not wait to watch it.”