The student news site of Wayne City High School

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

Polls

What do you think of the new finals policy at WCHS?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Connexion

Painting Smiles

Painting+Smiles

The members of the art club at Wayne City High School, have helped bring many festive decorations to the school. In September, the art club painted a fall scene on the front of the school to bring some joy and color to the entrance of the building.

The group has attempted to get the whole school involved in a “Caption This” activity, where the club members hang up a picture of a famous painting and have students or staff of both high school and grade school make a funny or witty caption for that picture. The club has multiple activities planned for the near future, such as attending Bean Days this year and doing free face painting, hosting an art camp for younger ages, and making cards for the elderly that they will be visiting. Art club is a great opportunity for creative individuals to come together and express themselves through different types of art. Wayne City High School Art Club has brought a group of kids together with fun activities that are after school or at the club’s meetings. Member of the art club, Mandolin Mooney said, “My favorite part of the art club is seeing the influence the club has on the community.” The club’s adviser is Misty Boyd, who is also the school art teacher. Misty started the club to help reach students that enjoy art just as much as she does. “My favorite part is getting to do fun and creative things with students who enjoy doing fun and creative things,” said Misty Boyd.