The student news site of Wayne City High School

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

Polls

What do you think of the new finals policy at WCHS?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Connexion

The Crew to Come

As basketball season dawns upon us, that means cheerleading is also around the corner! The cheer team is filled with joy as they prepare to support their basketball boys. These young ladies have been learning and practicing all summer long, but unfortunately they had to stop for a month and a half until volleyball season was over. The anticipation is building up to October 28, their first official practice getting started. They have been learning new stunts and cheers to show off and impress their amazing crowd.

They have 16 cheer members, and they have 7 new people, starting with freshmen, Ava Minor, Ellie Talbert, and Addison Caudwell. Next, they have one junior, Haley Shelton. Last but certainly not least, seniors, Alexis Greene, Ayden Smith, and Nina Corradi. Junior, Rainey Loker is very ecstatic for the upcoming season and she joyfully says, “I am so excited for cheer season! I think it’s going to be a blast, and our team is going to get along great this year.” Another Junior, MaKalyn Gregory, states, “I’m so excited for this season to begin. I know we will all work very hard and keep a good mindset to achieve our goals.” The cheerleaders also have a new coach, Kelsey Gregory. She stepped up and took Connie McNeil’s place so McNeil could retire. The cheerleaders are more than grateful to have Kelsey Gregory as their coach, and hope to have an amazing season with her. Good luck to all the cheerleaders and basketball players, shine on the court and bring the spirit to life!