The student news site of Wayne City High School

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

Polls

What do you think of the new finals policy at WCHS?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Connexion

The Little Indians

On February 3, the Wayne City High School’s cheerleading squad demonstrated the true spirit of community and leadership by hosting a cheer clinic for 44 young girls. Coach Kelsey Gregory stated, “The Cheer Clinic is a fundraiser that the cheerleaders look forward to each year. The K-5th grade girls get to experience what it feels like to be an Indian cheerleader. Seeing the joy and happiness on their faces makes all the extra hard work worth it.”

The event, held in the school’s gymnasium, aimed to foster enthusiasm for cheerleading while promoting teamwork and school pride among the participants. Under the guidance of the high school cheerleaders, the aspiring young cheerleaders spent the afternoon learning cheers, chants, and basic jumps. The atmosphere buzzed with excitement and energy as the girls eagerly absorbed every move and cheer, guided by the patient and encouraging high school mentors. Junior Makalyn Gregory said, “The Cheer Clinic is always fun, I love being able to teach kids and prepare them to one day become a cheerleader themselves.” Following the clinic, the culmination of the day’s efforts came when the Wayne City High School cheerleaders took the court during the Wayne City Indians boys basketball game against the Flora Wolves. The young cheerleaders, now infused with their newfound skills, had the opportunity to showcase what they had learned in front of a supportive crowd of family, friends, and community members. The gymnasium erupted with cheers and applause as the girls came out dressed in the Indian’s colors.