The student news site of Wayne City High School

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

Polls

What do you think of the new finals policy at WCHS?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Connexion

Sweet Bliss: A New Addition to the Small Business World

Sweet Bliss, a home-based gluten-free bakery, is run by Kaylin Loker, a junior at Wayne City High School and an active student in the Wayne County CEO program. Sweet Bliss aims to provide people with gluten intolerance, or those who prefer gluten-free products, a safe and delicious option.

Kaylin Loker saw the need for more gluten-free options, as she has a gluten intolerance. The opportunity to create Sweet Bliss through the Wayne County CEO program was placed right in front of Loker, where she was required to create her own business. “For me, it has always been hard to find gluten-free options that did not taste ‘off’. Creating this business will cater not only to my own needs but also to the gluten free community’s needs as well. I could not be more excited to give others the gluten free options we have all been searching for,” Loker Claimed. Paula Beehn, exclaims, “I’m so excited about Kaylin’s new business! I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease 12 years ago and know how hard it is to find high-quality gluten-free desserts. I’m so thankful that I don’t have to travel to Evansville or St. Claire anymore!”

To ensure Sweet Bliss’s products are 100% gluten free, Loker will be mixing her own blend of gluten free flour, including ingredients such as rice flours, tapioca flour, potato starch and potato flour. This flour blend will be used in most, if not all, of Loker’s recipes. This guarantees consistency.

Sweet Bliss has gained a great amount of attention within the community, as the Sweet Bliss Facebook page has accumulated over 350 followers within a few short days. “I knew there was a need for more gluten free options, but I wasn’t expecting this many people to be interested in my products,” Loker said.

Sweet Bliss has not completed the process of getting started yet, but is very close. Sweet Bliss announced they will be taking orders very soon!