The student news site of Wayne City High School

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

Polls

What do you think of the new finals policy at WCHS?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Connexion

Betas Meet in Springfield

The Wayne City High School Beta Club attended this year’s Illinois Beta Club State Convention on March 8and March 9. This convention was held in Springfield, Illinois at the Bank of Springfield Center. Beta Club members of Wayne City High School participated in countless activities. Some of these activities included competitions such as math, science, English, and other quizzes as well as things like dancing, singing, and photography. These competitions allowed the students to have fun and display the many varying talents and interests they possess. High school English teacher and Beta Club adviser, Paula Beehn said, “State Convention was an overwhelming success this year. These students represented Wayne City very well. I am so proud of all of them.” Wayne City’s students were successful in placing well in various competitions. Of the many awards won, senior Ayden Smith got second place in the black and white Photography Division II. Smith said, “Convention was actually so much fun, and I am glad that I ended up going on the trip this year.” Most students agreed that the Illinois Beta Club State Convention was a great experience for the students who attended. The winning students are looking forward to the National Beta Club Convention in Savannah, Georgia if they choose to make the trip and compete.