The student news site of Wayne City High School

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

Polls

What do you think of the new finals policy at WCHS?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Connexion

Taking the Victory

WCHS cheerleaders with their 1st place trophy.

On December 12, the Wayne City High School cheerleaders showcased their skills in the Conrad Allen Tournament in the J. Conrad Allen Gymnasium, with judges Paige Wells and Danica Murray overseeing the event. Filled with confidence after their performance, the girls eagerly awaited the results. Fast forward to December 16, when Jason Miller, the game announcer, revealed the winners. Cisne High School claimed their second-place win, while the first-place victory was given to the Wayne City High School cheerleaders. To say they were excited about winning the Conrad Allen Tournament is an understatement. They were ecstatic. Ava Minor, a WCHS cheerleader, said, “It felt really good that all of the hard work we put in paid off.” The cheerleaders were complimented on their loud voices, smiles, spiriting, tumbling, and much more. This cheer team works very well together and couldn’t have done it without each other, and they performed as a team. Alexis Greene, a senior on the WCHS cheer team, stated, “I love this team this year, and it was super exciting to win the tournament with them.” The cheerleaders are so grateful for coach Kelsey Gregory for all of her hard work she has put in to get the girls where they are today. The cheer tournament judging continues, with the upcoming focus on the Midland Trail Conference hosted at the J. Conrad Allen Gymnasium. The cheerleaders are working very hard to prepare for this tournament, hoping for a great outcome.