The student news site of Wayne City High School

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

Polls

What do you think of the new finals policy at WCHS?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Connexion

Their Last “Hoorah!”

Their Last Hoorah!
Zoe Wiggins

It is time for the last “Hoorah!” at Pep Band’s Senior Night. Band members get ready to play their last pep band performance of the year, or for the seniors, the rest of their lives. Band Seniors are getting pretty emotional with this being their last performance. Some are happy to be rid of pep band, while others are sad to see it go. “Pep Band songs were my favorite to play,” says Senior Nathan Barnard, “I’m a little sad to be done playing after doing it for so long.” “I for one am excited to be done with Pep Band, no more squeaking during the ‘National Anthem’ for me!” says Senior Klaira Vaughan. 

The seniors are not the only ones getting emotional, Band Director Mrs. Fagan is sad to see her students go. However, she is very proud of all her seniors and how far they have come. Her students are the ones that will miss her most though, she is their favorite teacher after all. 

“Tomahawk,” “Star Spangled Banner,” “Another Bites the Dust,” “Paralyzer,” “All Star to Never Gonna Give You Up,” “Notre Dame” (school song), “Tequila,” “Hooked On A Feeling,” “Paint It Black,” “Land of a Thousand,” and “25 or 6 to 4” were just some of the songs Band played for Senior Night. They will be adding even more songs to the mix for next year. One of them being “Smooth Criminal.” The underclassmen are very excited to play these new songs for next year. To hear the new songs next year, make sure to go to the boys basketball games next year to hear them play!