The student news site of Wayne City High School

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

Polls

What do you think of the new finals policy at WCHS?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Connexion

Beginning of the End

On February 9 the Wayne City basketball, cheerleaders, and band celebrated their senior night. Senior night is held on the last home game of the season. The basketball team ended their last home game with a win against Sandoval. One of the senior basketball players, Kobee Ivey said, “I’ll never forget the night of never return to that court. The seniors in basketball include Tanner McNeil, Koby Anderson, Joey Greenwalt, Liam Smith, Kobee Ivey, and Cody Nguyen.

Cheerleaders, Cecilia Choate, Ayden Smith, and Alexis Greene also enjoyed their last home game as well. Most seniors feel that all of the hard work the cheer team has put in this year has paid off. These three seniors will end this year with a first place win in the Conrad Allen Tournament and the Midland Trail Conference. Ayden Smith, one of the cheerleaders, states, “This senior night was definitely one to remember, especially since Liam made a layup and Kobee I. made a three pointer.”

Band seniors, Kahlyn Steiner, Ashton Bullard, Klaira Vaughan, Andre Maguet, Nathan Barnard, and Caleb Mason played their last pep songs in the gym. The band plays at every home game and never fails to impress the crowd and the cheerleaders too. From academics to extracurriculars, these fifteen seniors have dedicated many hours into every aspect of their high school journey. Their commitment and passion towards success has inspired many of those around them. Those students still left at WCHS hope they can continue to follow their dreams and keep the same hard work and determination as they did in high school. As they move on to a new chapter in their lives WCHS wishes them nothing but the best.