The student news site of Wayne City High School

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

Polls

What do you think of the new finals policy at WCHS?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Connexion

Jingle All The Way

Jingle All The Way
Zoe Wiggins

Earlier in December, the band kicked off the holly jolly season with a Christmas concert. Many people filled the perforce gym to watch the high school students play their Christmas songs. They had been practicing for months and were finally ready to perform for everyone to hear. 

It took the band a while to finalize their music this year. They chose four songs, then combined two to make three. They then scratched that song and replaced it with a completely new song. The process of choosing of the music was definitely more chaotic than planned.

Band Director Mrs. Fagan explained, “We’ve learned to expect the unexpected and just roll with it.”

The band also tried a new style of music with one of their Christmas songs, “A Crazy Mixed Up Christmas.” It featured a more chaotic style with random instruments playing random parts during random sections of the song. This song was the band’s favorite because of its nontraditional format. The song also just embodied the vibe of the band this year overall.

“It was fun playing more than just the drums this time. I liked blowing the whistle really loud,”said Nathan Barnard. 

The band had a fun time with this arrangement and got really festive this year. Some band members wore holiday sweaters and hats and one trombone player even decorated his instrument. Band students enjoy playing these concerts for everyone, even if it can be very nerve wracking, and they are excited for their concert in the Spring. They have already started picking out their spring music and it is definitely a concert not to be missed.